* [dpdk-dev] ACL: Creation of ACL context with multiple tries
@ 2015-07-20 18:15 Sugumaran, Varthamanan
From: Sugumaran, Varthamanan @ 2015-07-20 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi All,
Need your inputs on the following queries on ACL contexts.

1. Has anyone tried creating ACL context with multiple tries?
2. The document/code mentioned that we can have the maximum of 8 tries(RTE_ACL_MAX_TRIES) per ACL context.
     What is the use case for having more than single trie?
3. If we can create ACL context using multiple tries, then is it possible to have trie per category in ACL context?
    Meaning I want to create a single ACL context(that had both ipv4 and ipv6 rules)  which  have 2 tries with one for ipv4 rules and another one for ipv6 rules.

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks
Vartha

* Re: [dpdk-dev] Creation of ACL context with multiple tries
@ 2015-07-21  9:19 ` Ananyev, Konstantin
From: Ananyev, Konstantin @ 2015-07-21  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sugumaran, Varthamanan, dev

Hi Vartha,

> Hi All,
> Need your inputs on the following queries on ACL contexts.
>
> 1. Has anyone tried creating ACL context with multiple tries?
> 2. The document/code mentioned that we can have the maximum of 8 tries(RTE_ACL_MAX_TRIES) per ACL context.
>      What is the use case for having more than single trie?

User can't directly control number of tries per context and/or contents of each trie at build time.
It is decided by build time by librte_acl internal logic and depends from the rule set and build parameters.
Please refer to: http://dpdk.org/doc/guides/prog_guide/packet_classif_access_ctrl.html
Section 23.1.2. RT memory size limit.

> 3. If we can create ACL context using multiple tries, then is it possible to have trie per category in ACL context?
>     Meaning I want to create a single ACL context(that had both ipv4 and ipv6 rules)  which  have 2 tries with one for ipv4 rules and
> another one for ipv6 rules.

No, that's no possible with current implementation.
Konstantin