* [dpdk-dev] DPDK Logo Release
@ 2015-10-01 13:48 O'Driscoll, Tim
From: O'Driscoll, Tim @ 2015-10-01 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

We'd like to announce the release of the new DPDK project logo. Various versions of the logo are available at: http://dpdk.org/about. This includes horizontal and vertical versions, versions with and without Data Plane Development Kit underneath, and versions suitable for a white or black background. There's an example dpdk.org page showing use of the logo at: http://dpdk.org/777.html.

These logos are available for anybody in the community to use in DPDK-related collateral.

The logos are provided by Intel under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 License (CC BY-ND 4.0 - http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/4.0/).

Tim

* Re: [dpdk-dev] DPDK Logo Release
@ 2015-10-01 15:28 ` St Leger, Jim
From: St Leger, Jim @ 2015-10-01 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

When can we expect the main website (including home page http://dpdk.org/) to be updated?
Have we opened up the website to allow the community to edit it? (I think this has been discussed in the past...)
Who owns website changes today?

@ 2015-10-02  8:50   ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2015-10-02  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: St Leger, Jim; +Cc: dev

2015-10-01 15:28, St Leger, Jim:
> When can we expect the main website (including home page http://dpdk.org/) to be updated?

As there was no comment about the demo page, it is now applied to every pages.

> Have we opened up the website to allow the community to edit it? (I think this has been discussed in the past...)

Yes you're right, it has been discussed and planned.
The git tree will be published. Should it include the server config parts?
Should we open a new mailing-list to receive patches and discussions?

> Who owns website changes today?

As you know, it was created at 6WIND but there is no special reason
to not allow others to contribute.
The opening effort hasn't been done yet because there was no specific request
until recently and the email box admin@dpdk.org (advertised in the "about"
section) was almost empty.

Glad to see people interested in improving such things :)
Thanks Intel for the nice logo!
Do you have some insights about its signification to share?