* [dpdk-dev] DPDK Community Call - Linux Foundation
@ 2016-01-23  0:19 O'Driscoll, Tim
From: O'Driscoll, Tim @ 2016-01-23  0:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

At the community call we held on governance in December, we agreed that a few of us would work with the Linux Foundation on a proposal for a light-weight governance of DPDK. This would include things like management of DPDK events, registering trademarks, and any required legal support etc.

Stephen, Thomas, Dave, Vincent and I met with the Linux Foundation to discuss this and came up with a draft budget proposal. We'd like to have a community call to discuss this and decide how we should proceed.

The current budget estimate is ~$227k. LF guidance is that for this size of budget they'd propose a flat membership fee (i.e. no tiered membership) of ~$25k per member company, with a target of getting 10 or more companies to contribute.

At the call we can discuss:
- A breakdown of the proposed budget. LF are very flexible on this, so we can add or remove whatever we want for DPDK.
- Proposed membership fee.
- Matthew also highlight some recent changes to community representation at the Linux Foundation. We should discuss any concerns associated with this.
- Next steps.

When:
Tue, Feb 2, 2015 15:00 - 16:00 GMT
Tue, Feb 2, 2015 07:00 - 08:00 PST
Tue, Feb 2, 2015 10:00 - 11:00 EST
Tue, Feb 2, 2015 16:00 - 17:00 CET

How to join:
You can join from a computer, tablet or smartphone: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/474154717

You can also dial in by phone.
Access Code: 474-154-717

More phone numbers
United States : +1 (312) 757-3126
Australia : +61 2 9087 3604
Austria : +43 7 2088 1400
Belgium : +32 (0) 92 98 0592
Canada : +1 (647) 497-9350
Denmark : +45 69 91 80 05
Finland : +358 (0) 942 41 5778
France : +33 (0) 182 880 456
Germany : +49 (0) 692 5736 7313
Ireland : +353 (0) 15 290 180
Italy : +39 0 247 92 12 39
Netherlands : +31 (0) 208 080 379
New Zealand : +64 9 442 7358
Norway : +47 21 03 58 96
Spain : +34 911 82 9782
Sweden : +46 (0) 313 613 558
Switzerland : +41 (0) 435 0006 96
United Kingdom : +44 (0) 20 3713 5028

* [dpdk-dev] DPDK Community Call - Linux Foundation
@ 2015-12-10 23:01 O'Driscoll, Tim
From: O'Driscoll, Tim @ 2015-12-10 23:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Scott Nicholas, mdolan, dev

One of the actions resulting from the discussion we had on project governance at the Userspace event was to engage with the Linux Foundation to see if they can provide a lightweight model for DPDK. This would cover things like managing a marketing budget, event planning, trademarks etc. Scott Nicholas and Mike Dolan from the Linux Foundation will present the options that Linux Foundation can provide for DPDK.

Apologies for the short notice, but we'd like to fit this in before the holiday period.

When:
Wed, Dec 16, 2015 15:00 - 16:00 GMT
Wed, Dec 16, 2015 07:00 - 08:00 PST
Wed, Dec 16, 2015 10:00 - 11:00 EST