* [dpdk-dev] 19.02 Intel Roadmap
@ 2018-11-23 11:11 O'Driscoll, Tim
From: O'Driscoll, Tim @ 2018-11-23 11:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

As discussed at yesterday's Release Status Meeting, we need to update our Roadmap page (http://core.dpdk.org/roadmap/) for 19.02. The features that we plan to contribute are described below. We'll submit a patch to update the roadmap page with this info.

vDPA Live Migration Software Fallback: The current vDPA library provides the vDPA driver an interface to implement hardware-based dirty page logging. A software fallback option will be added to handle situations where the hardware does not log dirty pages.

IPsec Library: An initial version of a DPDK IPsec library will be provided. This will define data structures and APIs to prepare IPsec data for crypto processing, APIs to handle ESP header encap/decap for tunnel and transport modes, and capabilities such as initialising Security Associations. The existing IPsec Security Gateway sample application (ipsec-secgw) will be updated to use the new library.

Compression Performance Test Tool: A performance test application will be created which will allow performance testing of compression PMDs.

I40E Queue Request: A new operation (VIRTCHNL_OP_REQUEST_QUEUES) will be implemented to allow an I40E VF to request a specific number of queues from the PF.

* Re: [dpdk-dev] 19.02 Intel Roadmap
@ 2018-12-02  0:17 ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2018-12-02  0:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: O'Driscoll, Tim; +Cc: dev

Hi,

23/11/2018 12:11, O'Driscoll, Tim:
> As discussed at yesterday's Release Status Meeting, we need to update our Roadmap page (http://core.dpdk.org/roadmap/) for 19.02. The features that we plan to contribute are described below. We'll submit a patch to update the roadmap page with this info.
>

> vDPA Live Migration Software Fallback: The current vDPA library provides the vDPA driver an interface to implement hardware-based dirty page logging. A software fallback option will be added to handle situations where the hardware does not log dirty pages.
>
> IPsec Library: An initial version of a DPDK IPsec library will be provided. This will define data structures and APIs to prepare IPsec data for crypto processing, APIs to handle ESP header encap/decap for tunnel and transport modes, and capabilities such as initialising Security Associations. The existing IPsec Security Gateway sample application (ipsec-secgw) will be updated to use the new library.
>
> Compression Performance Test Tool: A performance test application will be created which will allow performance testing of compression PMDs.
>
> I40E Queue Request: A new operation (VIRTCHNL_OP_REQUEST_QUEUES) will be implemented to allow an I40E VF to request a specific number of queues from the PF.

What about the new PMD ice for Intel E810?
	https://patches.dpdk.org/cover/48285/

It is not planned to be part of DPDK 19.02?

* Re: [dpdk-dev] 19.02 Intel Roadmap
@ 2018-12-02  2:00   ` Stephen Hemminger
From: Stephen Hemminger @ 2018-12-02  2:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon; +Cc: O'Driscoll, Tim, dev

On Sun, 02 Dec 2018 01:17:09 +0100
Thomas Monjalon <thomas@monjalon.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 23/11/2018 12:11, O'Driscoll, Tim:
> > As discussed at yesterday's Release Status Meeting, we need to update our Roadmap page (http://core.dpdk.org/roadmap/) for 19.02. The features that we plan to contribute are described below. We'll submit a patch to update the roadmap page with this info.
> >

> > vDPA Live Migration Software Fallback: The current vDPA library provides the vDPA driver an interface to implement hardware-based dirty page logging. A software fallback option will be added to handle situations where the hardware does not log dirty pages.
> >
> > IPsec Library: An initial version of a DPDK IPsec library will be provided. This will define data structures and APIs to prepare IPsec data for crypto processing, APIs to handle ESP header encap/decap for tunnel and transport modes, and capabilities such as initialising Security Associations. The existing IPsec Security Gateway sample application (ipsec-secgw) will be updated to use the new library.
> >
> > Compression Performance Test Tool: A performance test application will be created which will allow performance testing of compression PMDs.
> >
> > I40E Queue Request: A new operation (VIRTCHNL_OP_REQUEST_QUEUES) will be implemented to allow an I40E VF to request a specific number of queues from the PF.
>

> What about the new PMD ice for Intel E810?
> 	https://patches.dpdk.org/cover/48285/
>
> It is not planned to be part of DPDK 19.02?

As far as I know the hardware for ICE has not been released yet.

* Re: [dpdk-dev] 19.02 Intel Roadmap
@ 2018-12-02  6:40     ` Rami Rosen
From: Rami Rosen @ 2018-12-02  6:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Hemminger; +Cc: thomas, tim.odriscoll, dev

Hi ,all,

> As far as I know the hardware for ICE has not been released yet.

BTW, I see submission and acceptance of ICE patches to the Linux
kernel netdev mailing list and repo:
see:
https://www.spinics.net/lists/netdev/msg488187.html

Acceptance:
https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/latest/source/drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice

Regards,
Rami Rosen

* Re: [dpdk-dev] 19.02 Intel Roadmap
@ 2018-12-02 11:57     ` O'Driscoll, Tim
From: O'Driscoll, Tim @ 2018-12-02 11:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
> > > As discussed at yesterday's Release Status Meeting, we need to
> update our Roadmap page (http://core.dpdk.org/roadmap/) for 19.02. The
> features that we plan to contribute are described below. We'll submit a
> patch to update the roadmap page with this info.
> > >

> > > vDPA Live Migration Software Fallback: The current vDPA library
> provides the vDPA driver an interface to implement hardware-based dirty
> page logging. A software fallback option will be added to handle
> situations where the hardware does not log dirty pages.
> > >
> > > IPsec Library: An initial version of a DPDK IPsec library will be
> provided. This will define data structures and APIs to prepare IPsec
> data for crypto processing, APIs to handle ESP header encap/decap for
> tunnel and transport modes, and capabilities such as initialising
> Security Associations. The existing IPsec Security Gateway sample
> application (ipsec-secgw) will be updated to use the new library.
> > >
> > > Compression Performance Test Tool: A performance test application
> will be created which will allow performance testing of compression
> PMDs.
> > >
> > > I40E Queue Request: A new operation (VIRTCHNL_OP_REQUEST_QUEUES)
> will be implemented to allow an I40E VF to request a specific number of
> queues from the PF.
> >

> > What about the new PMD ice for Intel E810?
> > 	https://patches.dpdk.org/cover/48285/
> >
> > It is not planned to be part of DPDK 19.02?
> >

> As far as I know the hardware for ICE has not been released yet.

Correct. There will be an ICE PMD in 19.02, but we didn't mention that in the roadmap because the hardware is not released yet.