* [dpdk-dev] Contribution to DPDK
@ 2017-10-26 17:18 Ryan Yang
From: Ryan Yang @ 2017-10-26 17:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hello,

I am really interested in contributing to DPDK by fixing the bug and
development work. Besides cloning the code first, what are some good ways
to start the work or is there any place to check the bug list? Your help is
appreciated.

Ryan

* Re: [dpdk-dev] Contribution to DPDK
@ 2017-10-26 18:22 ` Ferruh Yigit
From: Ferruh Yigit @ 2017-10-26 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ryan Yang, dev

On 10/26/2017 10:18 AM, Ryan Yang wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am really interested in contributing to DPDK by fixing the bug and
> development work. Besides cloning the code first, what are some good ways
> to start the work or is there any place to check the bug list? Your help is
> appreciated.

Hi Ryan,

DPDK is using coverity static analysis tool [1], you can check defects found by
that tool, this should be easy to start.

Also DPDK started to maintain a "Nice to have - Future" list [2], but current
list can be hard for beginners, still feel free to check them.

Another thing I can think of is improving the unit test coverage [3], which I
believe can help a lot to learn insights of the related code.

btw, DPDK just started using bug tracing tool [4], but currently it is empty
(almost), so won't be so useful for now.

[1]
https://scan.coverity.com/projects/dpdk-data-plane-development-kit?tab=overview

[2]
http://dpdk.org/dev/roadmap