* [dpdk-dev] 18.08 Red Hat roadmap
@ 2018-06-08 16:53 Maxime Coquelin
From: Maxime Coquelin @ 2018-06-08 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi,

For 18.08 release, the main feature we plan to contribute is packed ring
layout for both Vhost library and Virtio PMD.For ones interested in the
feature, its specification is a good starting point [0].
The work from Jens Freimann will be rebased on top of Vhost library
rework already submitted. These refactorings consist in unifying the
mergeable and non-mergeable dequeue paths [1], and generalize the use of
buffer vectors in the dequeue path [2]. With this, the packed ring
layout integration should be lighter.

Another feature we plan to contribute is the Noisy VNF forwarding mode
addition to testpmd. This work was already submitted by Jens during
last cycles [3].

Regards,
Maxime

[0]: https://github.com/oasis-tcs/virtio-spec/blob/master/packed-ring.tex
[1]: http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2018-May/103114.html
[2]: http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2018-June/103701.html

only message in thread, other threads:[~2018-06-08 16:53 UTC | newest]