From: "Trahe, Fiona" <fiona.trahe@intel.com>
To: "Verma, Shally" <Shally.Verma@cavium.com>, "dev@dpdk.org" <dev@dpdk.org>
Cc: "Gupta, Ashish" <Ashish.Gupta@cavium.com>,
	"Sahu, Sunila" <Sunila.Sahu@cavium.com>,
	"Challa, Mahipal" <Mahipal.Challa@cavium.com>,
	"Athreya, Narayana Prasad" <NarayanaPrasad.Athreya@cavium.com>,
	"De Lara Guarch, Pablo" <pablo.de.lara.guarch@intel.com>,
	"Jain, Deepak K" <deepak.k.jain@intel.com>,
	Roy Pledge <roy.pledge@nxp.com>,
	Youri Querry <youri.querry_1@nxp.com>,
	Hemant Agrawal <hemant.agrawal@nxp.com>,
	"Ahmed Mansour" <ahmed.mansour@nxp.com>,
	"Trahe, Fiona" <fiona.trahe@intel.com>,
	"De Lara Guarch, Pablo" <pablo.de.lara.guarch@intel.com>
Subject: Re: [dpdk-dev] [RFC v3] Compression API in DPDK :SW ZLIB PMD
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2018 19:01:09 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi Shally,

From: Verma, Shally [mailto:Shally.Verma@cavium.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2018 8:33 AM
To: Trahe, Fiona <fiona.trahe@intel.com>; dev@dpdk.org
Cc: Gupta, Ashish <Ashish.Gupta@cavium.com>; Sahu, Sunila <Sunila.Sahu@cavium.com>; Challa, Mahipal <Mahipal.Challa@cavium.com>; Athreya, Narayana Prasad <NarayanaPrasad.Athreya@cavium.com>; De Lara Guarch, Pablo <pablo.de.lara.guarch@intel.com>; Jain, Deepak K <deepak.k.jain@intel.com>; Roy Pledge <roy.pledge@nxp.com>; Youri Querry <youri.querry_1@nxp.com>; Hemant Agrawal <hemant.agrawal@nxp.com>; Ahmed Mansour <ahmed.mansour@nxp.com>
Subject: [RFC v3] Compression API in DPDK :SW ZLIB PMD

Hi Fiona

We are planning to implement ZLIB based SW PMD to proof-concept DPDK compression RFC v3 API spec internally. However, would like to check
If you're working upon similar in parallel and if yes, then what's your development roadmap / strategy so that we could see if we could leverage joint effort.
Depending upon your feedback, we can see if we can have some common repo for joint development or send it as RFC patch.

Let me know your opinion on same.
[Fiona] We have not started a zlib based SW PMD, and would be delighted if you would do this, I agree it's a
good way to prove out the API.
We are writing some unit tests against the API, we would be happy to share these with you, and continue to develop these
jointly so the same test sets can be targeted against all PMDs.
I think a common draft repo would be the best way forward. Let's talk to the maintainers about getting one set up.

Thanks
Shally