From: 张伟 <zhangwqh@126.com>
To: "dev@dpdk.org" <dev@dpdk.org>, mhall@mhcomputing.net, nikita@gandi.net
Subject: [dpdk-dev] lpm performance
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2016 06:18:25 +0800 (CST)	[thread overview]

Hi all,

Does anyone test IPv4 performance? If so, what's the throughput? I can get almost 10Gb with 64 byte packets.  But before the test, I would expect it will be less than 10G.  I thought the performance will not be affected by the  number of rule entires. But the throughput will be related to whether the flow needs to check the second layer table : TBL8.  Is my understanding correct? I added this flow entries following this link:
http://www.slideshare.net/garyachy/understanding-ddpd-algorithmics
slide 10,

struct ipv4_lpm_route ipv4_lpm_route_array[] = {

        {IPv4(192, 168, 0, 0), 16, 0},

        {IPv4(192, 168, 1, 0), 24, 1},

        {IPv4(192, 168, 1, 1), 32, 2}

};

send the flow with dst IP:

192.168.1.2

It should check the second layer table. But the performance is still 10G.  Does any part go wrong with my setup? Or it really can achieve 10G with 64 byte packet size.