* [dpdk-dev] DPDK VF and I40E
@ 2015-04-20 20:55 Shankar Krishnamurthy
From: Shankar Krishnamurthy @ 2015-04-20 20:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

DPDK Experts,

When I run I40E host PF driver with DPDK VF Driver in VM, I see an issue where packets are received in bunch of 4s. See below

But the same problem does not show up when run with DPDK PF testpmd with DPDK VF in VM.

Since we would like to have I40e regular driver work with DPDK VF, Can one please point to code change that was made in DPDK PF (testpmd) to make this happen?

thanks,
shanar.

Inside VM:
./examples/l2fwd/l2fwd/x86_64-native-linuxapp-gcc/app/l2fwd -c 0xb -n 4 -- -p 0x3
Port statistics ====================================
Statistics for port 0 ------------------------------
Packets sent:                        4
Packets received:                    0
Packets dropped:                     0
Statistics for port 1 ------------------------------
Packets sent:                        0
Packets received:                    4
Packets dropped:                     0
Aggregate statistics ===============================
Total packets sent:                  4
Total packets received:              4
Total packets dropped:               0

only message in thread, other threads:[~2015-04-20 20:55 UTC | newest]