* [dpdk-dev] IP address range for PCAPs in pktgen
@ 2013-12-06 22:51 Susaant Kondapaneni
       [not found] ` <B9820223-EC10-41C4-93C8-DB3B4062D735@gmail.com>
From: Susaant Kondapaneni @ 2013-12-06 22:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi,

We are using Windriver PktGen to replay PCAP packet captures.

Is there a way to specify source/destination IP range to use while
replaying PCAP packet captures? If not, is there a plan to add such feature
in future?

Thanks
Susaant

* Re: [dpdk-dev] IP address range for PCAPs in pktgen
       [not found] ` <B9820223-EC10-41C4-93C8-DB3B4062D735@gmail.com>
@ 2013-12-07  3:29   ` Wiles, Roger Keith
From: Wiles, Roger Keith @ 2013-12-07  3:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Susaant Kondapaneni; +Cc: <dev@dpdk.org>

Sent from the wrong email account.

Keith Wiles, Principal Technologist for Networking member of the CTO office, Wind River
direct 972.434.4136  mobile 940.213.5533  fax 000.000.0000
[Powering 30 Years of Innovation]<http://www.windriver.com/announces/wr30/>

On Dec 6, 2013, at 7:26 PM, Pktgen <pktgen.dpdk@gmail.com<mailto:pktgen.dpdk@gmail.com>> wrote:

At this time no you can not modify the PCAP packets within Pktgen and I may add it in the future. At this time you can use a few tools like tcprewrite a tool from the tcpreplay suite (I think). I have had some the the guys here use it with some success.

I have not used this tool, but it maybe useful too: http://www.lovemytool.com/blog/2011/05/use-hxd-to-edit-capture-files-by-joke-snelders.html

Thank you, ++Keith
Keith Wiles
pktgen.dpdk@gmail.com<mailto:pktgen.dpdk@gmail.com>