* [dpdk-dev] i210 performance ?
       [not found] <mailman.0.1384159076.18289.dev@dpdk.org>
@ 2013-11-12  8:51 ` Armin Steinhoff
From: Armin Steinhoff @ 2013-11-12  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi All,

after porting Intel's Data Plan to QNX 6.5 I'm doing some performance
test with "testpmd".

I'm using a single i210 board installed on a dual core QNX 6.5 machine
and using "testpmd" as a packet generator (UDP packets).

The test are done with:

start:   testpmd -c 3 -n  -> interactive mode by default
            set burst 1
            set fwd txonly
            start
            stop

Without a delay between packets I see a huge number of dropped packets.
After introducing a delay of 60us after sending the "packet burst"
dropping of packets doesn't happen.

My questions are:  why dropps the i210 packets ?  Is it because of the
fact that probably all send descriptors are occupied ?

Best Regards

Armin Steinhoff

only message in thread, other threads:[~2013-11-12  8:50 UTC | newest]