From: Yerden Zhumabekov <e_zhumabekov@sts.kz>
To: Derek Wasely <derek.wasely@yahoo.com>, "dev@dpdk.org" <dev@dpdk.org>
Subject: Re: [dpdk-dev] non-x86 ?  Re: Would DPDK run on AMD processors
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2014 17:25:54 +0600

Intel DPDK is intentionally being developed to bring support of packet
processing
to Intel processors. In order to provide high performance in packet
processing,
developing Intel DPDK requires rather good optimization, like extensive
use of
SSE intrinsics etc. Hence it demands x86 arch.

Since Intel DPDK is opensource, there is no license restriction to run
it on any arch,
but I guess one will face rather intriguing technical issues doing that :)

--
Sincerely,

Yerden Zhumabekov
STS, ACI