On 10/23/15 9:20 AM, Matthew Hall wrote: > On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 03:51:48PM +0200, Michal Jastrzebski wrote: >> From: Michal Kobylinski >> >> The current DPDK implementation for LPM for IPv4 and IPv6 limits the >> number of next hops to 256, as the next hop ID is an 8-bit long field. >> Proposed extension increase number of next hops for IPv4 to 2^24 and >> also allows 32-bits read/write operations. >> >> This patchset requires additional change to rte_table library to meet >> ABI compatibility requirements. A v2 will be sent next week. > > I also have a patchset for this. > > I will send it out as well so we could compare. > > Matthew. Sorry about the delay; I only work on DPDK in personal time and not as part of a job. My patchset is attached to this email. One possible advantage with my patchset, compared to others, is that the space problem is fixed in both IPV4 and in IPV6, to prevent asymmetry between these two standards, which is something I try to avoid as much as humanly possible. This is because my application code is green-field, so I absolutely don't want to put any ugly hacks or incompatibilities in this code if I can possibly avoid it. Otherwise, I am not necessarily as expert about rte_lpm as some of the full-time guys, but I think with four or five of us in the thread hammering out patches we will be able to create something amazing together and I am very very very very very happy about this. Matthew.