* [dpdk-dev] how to search this mailing list? is gmane link archive broken?
@ 2016-11-07 17:12 Montorsi, Francesco
From: Montorsi, Francesco @ 2016-11-07 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi all,
if this was already raised, sorry for that.
I noticed that the gmane archive for this mailing list is not working anymore:

    http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.networking.dpdk.devel

reports "Page not found". Also I noticed that the gmane link on the dpdk.org website has been removed.
That was my only way to search through the archives of this mailing list... is there any other way to search them?

Thanks,

Francesco Montorsi

* Re: [dpdk-dev] how to search this mailing list? is gmane link archive broken?
@ 2016-11-07 17:25 ` Andriy Berestovskyy
From: Andriy Berestovskyy @ 2016-11-07 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Montorsi, Francesco; +Cc: dev

Hey,
You can try "site:" Google search operator, i.e. try to google:

site:dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/ <search string>

Regards,
Andriy

--
Andriy Berestovskyy

@ 2016-11-07 17:29 ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2016-11-07 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Montorsi, Francesco; +Cc: dev

2016-11-07 17:12, Montorsi, Francesco:
> Hi all,
> if this was already raised, sorry for that.
> I noticed that the gmane archive for this mailing list is not working anymore:
>
>     http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.networking.dpdk.devel
>
> reports "Page not found". Also I noticed that the gmane link on the dpdk.org website has been removed.

Gmane was closed and is coming back.
Look at this page:
	http://gmane.org/gmane.comp.networking.dpdk.devel
"Not all of Gmane is back yet - We're working hard to restore everything"

> That was my only way to search through the archives of this mailing list... is there any other way to search them?

For old posts, Google works well enough.

We could also try to upgrade from Mailman 2 to Mailman 3 which provides
a modern interface with a search box and a lot of other cool features.
Fedora is using it:
	https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/devel@lists.fedoraproject.org/