From: Priyanka <ppnaik@cse.iitb.ac.in>
To: "dev@dpdk.org" <dev@dpdk.org>, "users@dpdk.org" <users@dpdk.org>
Cc: "mitaliyada@cse.iitb.ac.in" <mitaliyada@cse.iitb.ac.in>
Subject: [dpdk-dev] Unable to run test_pmd_perf
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 18:16:54 +0530	[thread overview]

Hi All,

We have VMs on a physical server  with both VMs having 1 core 7 GB RAM
with DPDK 16.04. The VMs are communicating using SR-IOV (per VM 1 VF is
assigned). We thought of running the test_pmd_perf to test the number of
cycles taken for RX/TX. But we are unable to get it working. Even if we
assign 4 VCPUs to the VM the app says "*no avail lcore to test*."  The
command we are using are:

cd dpdk16.04/app/test

./build/app/test -c f -- -p 1

RTE>> pmd_perf_autotest

On searching we found that it might be an issue with our VMs using SRIOV.

Please guide us on this.

Thanks,

Priyanka