* [dpdk-dev] DPDK on Ivy Bridge processors
@ 2013-12-27 12:27 Carlos Franco
From: Carlos Franco @ 2013-12-27 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi

We are starting to integrate DPDK into our packet processing products and are going to buy some servers. We are thinking on processors from the Xeon E5 v2 series (2609v2) and Intel NIC with the i350 and 82580 controllers.

I have seen that the NIC cards use igb driver and are supported in DPDK. But I am not sure if the v2 Xeon processors (Ivy bridge) are supported or we may have any problem using DPDK on them.

Have you done any test with them? Is there any other think to be taken into account?

Thank you very much !!

Carlos

* Re: [dpdk-dev] DPDK on Ivy Bridge processors
@ 2013-12-27 17:08 ` Jayakumar, Muthurajan
From: Jayakumar, Muthurajan @ 2013-12-27 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlos Franco, dev

Carlos,
Thank you for using Intel DPDK.
Intel DPDK is tested on Ivy bridge processors.
You are perfectly OK using Ivy Bridge Processors with intel DPDK

Thank you very much,