* [dpdk-dev] Regarding Hardware Crypto Accelerator
@ 2014-09-29 17:05 Prashant Upadhyaya
From: Prashant Upadhyaya @ 2014-09-29 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi,

Currently I have a machine with Xeon processor and it does not have a
hardware crypto accelerator. I am running my DPDK based application
successfully on it.

Now I want to use a hardware crypto accelerator and use it with DPDK for
IPSec operations in my application
I am planning to buy the following --
PE3iS4CO2 -- Silicom's Quad HW Accelerator Crypto Compression PCI Express
Gen 3.0 Server
Adapter / ColetoCreek SKU2

Can somebody advise if this would work properly with DPDK or is there any
other catch involved which I should be careful about before I go ahead and
invest on the equipment, would really appreciate any advice.

Regards
-Prashant

* Re: [dpdk-dev] Regarding Hardware Crypto Accelerator
@ 2014-09-29 17:25 ` Jayakumar, Muthurajan
From: Jayakumar, Muthurajan @ 2014-09-29 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Prashant Upadhyaya, dev

Prashant,

Please find Chapter 19 of the Sample Application User Guide http://dpdk.org/doc/intel/dpdk-sample-apps-1.7.0.pdf useful for reference.
ColetoCreek configuration (refer Ch 19.3.1)

Regards,