* [dpdk-dev] meter: excess token bucket update in srtcm
@ 2016-08-31 10:02 Nikhil Jagtap
From: Nikhil Jagtap @ 2016-08-31 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cristian.dumitrescu; +Cc: dev

Hi,

As per srTCM RFC 2697, we should be updating the E bucket only after the C
bucket overflows.
"Thereafter, the token counts Tc and Te are updated CIR times per second as
follows:
     o If Tc is less than CBS, Tc is incremented by one, else
     o if Te is less then EBS, Te is incremented by one, else
     o neither Tc nor Te is incremented."

However in the current DPDK implementation of srTCM, we are updating both
the buckets simultaneously at the same rate (CIR). This will result in a
token accumulation rate of (2*CIR). This seems like a bug to me. Can you
confirm this?

Nikhil