* [dpdk-dev] No "pci_unbind.py" in tools subdirectory
@ 2014-07-14  7:39 BYEONG-GI KIM
From: BYEONG-GI KIM @ 2014-07-14  7:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dpdk-ovs, dev

Hello.

I'm sorry for the repeated question.

I finally compiled DPDK successfully (there was a problem in the source
code what I downloaded), and I'm moving to compile dpdk-ovs.

Before compiling it, I'm trying to binding a network port to igb_uio
module. In the dpdk-getting-started-guide, "pci_unbind.py" utility script
is used to provide a view of the current state of the network ports on the
system, and to bind/unbind those ports from the different kernel modules.

The script, however, was not there in tools directory; There were only
"igb_uio_bind.py". Is it fine as it is, or do I miss something?

I downloaded the DPDK source from http://dpdk.org/browse/dpdk/refs/, and
the file was dpdk-1.6.0r2.zip. I compiled both x86-64-defaultlinuxapp-gcc
and x86-64-ivshmem-linuxapp-gcc now.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Byeong-Gi KIM

* Re: [dpdk-dev] No "pci_unbind.py" in tools subdirectory
@ 2014-07-14  7:52 ` Aravind
From: Aravind @ 2014-07-14  7:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BYEONG-GI KIM; +Cc: dev, Dpdk-ovs

Hi,

You should be using igb_uio_bind.py , have a look at the quick start guide
: http://dpdk.org/doc/quick-start

@ 2014-07-14  8:10   ` De Lara Guarch, Pablo
From: De Lara Guarch, Pablo @ 2014-07-14  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
> You should be using igb_uio_bind.py , have a look at the quick start guide
> : http://dpdk.org/doc/quick-start

Actually, now it is called dpdk_nic_bind.py :)

@ 2014-07-14  8:29     ` BYEONG-GI KIM
From: BYEONG-GI KIM @ 2014-07-14  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: De Lara Guarch, Pablo, altoarun, Dpdk-ovs, dev

Thank you for the reply.

By the way, I got an error message while compiling Open vSwitch. Is it
essential to bind a port to igb_uio module in order to compile Open vSwitch
without error? I just wonder whether the errors attached below just
happened because I did not bind the port to the module or not...

make RTE_TARGET=x86_64-ivshmem-linuxapp-gcc
/home/stack/dpdk/dpdk-1.6.0r2/x86_64-ivshmem-linuxapp-gcc/lib/librte_eal.a(eal.o):
In function `rte_eal_init':
eal.c:(.text+0xedf): undefined reference to `dlopen'
eal.c:(.text+0xefe): undefined reference to `dlerror'
make[2]: *** [utilities/ovs-controller] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/stack/dpdk-ovs/openvswitch'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/stack/dpdk-ovs/openvswitch'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Best regards

Byeong-Gi KIM

pablo.de.lara.guarch@intel.com>:

> [...]

* Re: [dpdk-dev] [Dpdk-ovs] No "pci_unbind.py" in tools subdirectory
@ 2014-07-14  8:32 ` Choi, Sy Jong
From: Choi, Sy Jong @ 2014-07-14  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BYEONG-GI KIM, Dpdk-ovs, dev

Hi Mr. Kim,

I think DPDK r1.6 from dpdk.org has change certain file naming. I think it is ok to use the igb_uio_bind.py.
Sometime, I would modprobe –r ixgbe to remove some confusion on the binding. And only load igb_uio.ko from DPDK.

Regards,
Choi, Sy Jong
Platform Application Engineer

@ 2014-07-16  8:15       ` Gray, Mark D
From: Gray, Mark D @ 2014-07-16  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BYEONG-GI KIM, De Lara Guarch, Pablo, altoarun, Dpdk-ovs, dev

> Thank you for the reply.
>
> By the way, I got an error message while compiling Open vSwitch. Is it
> essential to bind a port to igb_uio module in order to compile Open vSwitch
> without error? I just wonder whether the errors attached below just
> happened because I did not bind the port to the module or not...
>
> make RTE_TARGET=x86_64-ivshmem-linuxapp-gcc
> /home/stack/dpdk/dpdk-1.6.0r2/x86_64-ivshmem-linuxapp-
> gcc/lib/librte_eal.a(eal.o):
> In function `rte_eal_init':
> eal.c:(.text+0xedf): undefined reference to `dlopen'
> eal.c:(.text+0xefe): undefined reference to `dlerror'
> make[2]: *** [utilities/ovs-controller] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/stack/dpdk-ovs/openvswitch'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/stack/dpdk-ovs/openvswitch'
> make: *** [all] Error 2

Try this,

https://lists.01.org/pipermail/dpdk-ovs/2014-June/001120.html

Or you could  the latest 'development' code