From: 최익성 <pnk003@naver.com>
To: Bruce Richardson <bruce.richardson@intel.com>
Cc: dev@dpdk.org
Subject: Re: [dpdk-dev] Is there any example application to used DPDK packet distributor library?
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 20:41:04 +0900 (KST)	[thread overview]

 Dear Bruce Richardson and DPDK experts.

Thank you very much for your precious answer.

I found it. It seems very short and simple.

Thank you very much.

I have another question.

I don't know how the following steps work from new_tag to match variables.

/* in dpdk library. ~/dpdk-?.?.?/lib/librte_distributor/rte_distributor.c */
/* process a set of packets to distribute them to workers */
rte_distributor_process(struct rte_distributor *d, struct rte_mbuf **mbufs, unsigned num_mbufs)
{
     new_tag = next_mb-&gt;hash.usr;  /* flow ID hash.usr is set by NIC */

     for (i = 0; i &lt; d-&gt;num_workers; i++)
          match |= (!(d-&gt;in_flight_tags[i] ^ new_tag) &lt;&lt; i);

     /* Only turned-on bits are considered as match */
     match &amp;= d-&gt;in_flight_bitmask;

     unsigned worker = __builtin_ctzl(match);
}

I will appreciate if you let me know the steps.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely Yours,

Ick-Sung Choi.