* [dpdk-dev] Adding latency and packet-out-of-order measurements to testpmd
@ 2021-03-08 21:28 Gabriel Black
From: Gabriel Black @ 2021-03-08 21:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hello,

I'd like to be able to add latency and packet-out-of-order measurements to testpmd. The idea is that testpmd sends traffic and receives the same traffic after passing through some device/cloud. Is this a good fit to add to the testpmd application? If so, any pointers on where I should add the functionality? It seems like it has latency measurements already, but in the reverse scenario (where it is the DUT).

e.g.

| testpmd |    <==============> | DUT |

Thanks in advance,
Gabe

* Re: [dpdk-dev] Adding latency and packet-out-of-order measurements to testpmd
@ 2021-03-08 22:36 ` Ferruh Yigit
From: Ferruh Yigit @ 2021-03-08 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gabriel Black, dev

On 3/8/2021 9:28 PM, Gabriel Black wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to be able to add latency and packet-out-of-order measurements to testpmd. The idea is that testpmd sends traffic and receives the same traffic after passing through some device/cloud. Is this a good fit to add to the testpmd application? If so, any pointers on where I should add the functionality? It seems like it has latency measurements already, but in the reverse scenario (where it is the DUT).
>
> e.g.

> Thanks in advance,
> Gabe

Hi Gabriel,

I think a new forwarding engine can be added for it, please check "struct
fwd_engine".
Packet payload can contain metada for required calculations.