* [dpdk-dev] 18.05.1 patches review and test
@ 2018-08-22  7:25 Christian Ehrhardt
From: Christian Ehrhardt @ 2018-08-22  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: christian.ehrhardt, dpdk stable; +Cc: dev

Hi all,

Here is a list of patches targeted for stable release 18.05.1. Please
help review and test. The planned date for the final release is August,
29th. Before that, please shout if anyone has objections with these
patches being applied.

Also for the companies committed to running regression tests,
please run the tests and report any issue before the release date.

A release candidate tarball can be found at:

    https://dpdk.org/browse/dpdk-stable/tag/?id=v18.05.1-rc1

These patches are located at branch 18.05 of dpdk-stable repo:

    https://git.dpdk.org/dpdk-stable/log/?h=18.05

Thanks.

Christian Ehrhardt <christian.ehrhardt@canonical.com>

---
Adrien Mazarguil (8):
      app/testpmd: fix crash when attaching a device
      net/mlx4: fix minor resource leak during init
      net/mlx5: fix errno object in probe function
      net/mlx5: fix missing errno in probe function
      net/mlx5: fix error message in probe function
      net/mlx5: fix invalid error check
      maintainers: update for Mellanox PMDs
      net/mlx5: fix invalid network interface index

Ajit Khaparde (11):
      net/bnxt: fix clear port stats
      net/bnxt: fix close operation
      net/bnxt: fix HW Tx checksum offload check
      net/bnxt: check filter type before clearing it
      net/bnxt: fix set MTU
      net/bnxt: fix incorrect IO address handling in Tx
      net/bnxt: fix Rx ring count limitation
      net/bnxt: fix memory leaks in NVM commands
      net/bnxt: fix lock release on NVM write failure
      net/bnxt: check access denied for HWRM commands
      net/bnxt: fix RETA size

Alejandro Lucero (2):
      net/nfp: fix unused header reference
      net/nfp: fix field initialization in Tx descriptor

Alok Makhariya (1):
      bus/dpaa: fix phandle support for Linux 4.16

Anatoly Burakov (14):
      ipc: fix locking while sending messages
      mem: fix alignment of requested virtual areas
      eal/bsd: fix memory segment index display
      malloc: fix pad erasing
      eal/linux: fix invalid syntax in interrupts
      eal/linux: fix uninitialized value
      vfio: fix uninitialized variable
      malloc: do not skip pad on free
      test: fix EAL flags autotest on FreeBSD
      test: fix result printing
      test: fix code on report
      test: make autotest runner python 2/3 compliant
      test: print autotest categories
      test: improve filtering

Andrew Rybchenko (7):
      net/sfc: cut non VLAN ID bits from TCI
      net/sfc: discard packets with bad CRC on EF10 ESSB Rx
      net/sfc: fix double-free in EF10 ESSB Rx queue purge
      net/sfc: move Rx checksum offload check to device level
      net/sfc: fix Rx queue offloads reporting in queue info
      net/sfc: fix assert in set multicast address list
      net/sfc: handle unknown L3 packet class in EF10 event parser

Andy Green (2):
      ring: fix declaration after statement
      ring: fix sign conversion warning

Beilei Xing (5):
      net/i40e: fix shifts of 32-bit value
      net/i40e: fix PPPoL2TP packet type parsing
      net/i40e: fix packet type parsing with DDP
      net/i40e: fix setting TPID with AQ command
      net/i40e: fix device parameter parsing

Bruce Richardson (3):
      eal: fix error message for unsupported platforms
      examples/exception_path: fix out-of-bounds read
      mk: fix permissions when using make install

Chas Williams (2):
      net/bonding: always update bonding link status
      net/bonding: do not clear active slave count

Christian Ehrhardt (2):
      FIXUP: net/mlx5: fix invalid network interface index
      version: 18.05.1-rc1

Damjan Marion (1):
      net/i40e: do not reset device info data

Dan Gora (1):
      kni: fix crash with null name

Daria Kolistratova (1):
      net/ena: fix SIGFPE with 0 Rx queue

Dariusz Stojaczyk (7):
      mem: do not leave unmapped holes in EAL memory area
      mem: do not unmap overlapping region on mmap failure
      mem: avoid crash on memseg query with invalid address
      mem: fix alignment requested with --base-virtaddr
      mem: do not use --base-virtaddr in secondary processes
      eal: fix return codes on thread naming failure
      eal: fix return codes on control thread failure

David Marchand (1):
      net/bnxt: add missing ids in xstats

Drocula Lambda (1):
      kni: fix build on RHEL 7.5

Fan Zhang (1):
      crypto/virtio: fix IV physical address

Ferruh Yigit (4):
      kni: fix build with gcc 8.1
      net/thunderx: fix build with gcc optimization on
      app/testpmd: fix typo in setting Tx offload command
      drivers/net: fix crash in secondary process

Gage Eads (1):
      net: rename u16 to fix shadowed declaration

Gavin Hu (5):
      mk: fix cross build
      devtools: fix ninja command in build test
      build: fix for host clang and cross gcc
      net/dpaa2: remove loop for unused pool entries
      maintainers: claim maintainership for ARM v7 and v8

Haiyue Wang (1):
      net/i40e: workaround performance degradation

Harry van Haaren (2):
      net/i40e: fix rearm check in AVX2 Rx
      event: fix ring init failure handling

Hemant Agrawal (8):
      doc: fix limitations for dpaa crypto
      doc: fix limitations for dpaa2 crypto
      test/crypto: fix device id when stopping port
      bus/dpaa: fix SVR id fetch location
      bus/dpaa: fix buffer offset setting in FMAN
      net/dpaa: fix queue error handling and logs
      net/dpaa2: fix prefetch Rx to honor number of packets
      raw/dpaa2_qdma: fix IOVA as VA flag

Hyong Youb Kim (4):
      net/enic: fix receive packet types
      net/enic: update the UDP RSS detection mechanism
      net/enic: do not overwrite admin Tx queue limit
      net/enic: initialize RQ fetch index before enabling RQ

Ido Goshen (1):
      net/pcap: fix multiple queues

Igor Romanov (1):
      net/sfc: fix filter exceptions logic

Jananee Parthasarathy (1):
      mk: update targets for classified tests

Jay Ding (1):
      net/bnxt: check for invalid vNIC id

Jerin Jacob (3):
      doc: fix octeontx eventdev selftest argument
      ethdev: fix queue statistics mapping documentation
      eal: fix bitmap documentation

Kiran Kumar (3):
      net/bonding: fix MAC address reset
      ethdev: check queue stats mapping input arguments
      net/thunderx: avoid sq door bell write on zero packet

Konstantin Ananyev (3):
      examples/ipsec-secgw: fix IPv4 checksum at Tx
      examples/ipsec-secgw: fix bypass rule processing
      app/testpmd: fix DCB config

Krzysztof Kanas (2):
      app/testpmd: fix crash on TM command error
      app/testpmd: fix help for TM commit command

Lee Daly (1):
      compress/isal: fix offset usage

Matan Azrad (1):
      net/tap: fix zeroed flow mask configurations

Maxime Coquelin (2):
      vhost: fix missing increment of log cache count
      vhost: flush IOTLB cache on new mem table handling

Moti Haimovsky (2):
      net/mlx4: check RSS queues number limitation
      net/mlx4: advertise Rx jumbo frame support

Nelio Laranjeiro (3):
      net/mlx5: clean-up developer logs
      app/testpmd: fix missing count action fields
      net/mlx5: fix TCI mask filter

Nikhil Rao (5):
      eventdev: fix port in Rx adapter internal function
      eventdev: fix missing update to Rx adaper WRR position
      eventdev: add event buffer flush in Rx adapter
      eventdev: fix internal port logic in Rx adapter
      eventdev: fix Rx SW adapter stop

Nithin Dabilpuram (1):
      app/testpmd: fix buffer leak in TM command

Ophir Munk (1):
      net/mlx5: fix secondary process resource leakage

Pablo de Lara (13):
      cryptodev: fix ABI breakage
      net/ixgbe: fix crash on detach
      compress/isal: fix log type name
      compress/isal: set null pointer after freeing
      compress/isal: fix memory leak
      examples/l2fwd-crypto: fix digest with AEAD algo
      examples/l2fwd-crypto: check return value on IV size check
      examples/l2fwd-crypto: skip device not supporting operation
      devtools: remove already enabled nfp from build test
      test/hash: fix multiwriter with non consecutive cores
      test/hash: fix potential memory leak
      app/crypto-perf: fix auth IV offset
      hash: fix doxygen of return values

Pavan Nikhilesh (5):
      event/octeontx: fix flush callback
      mempool/octeontx: fix pool to aura mapping
      app/eventdev: fix order test service init
      event/octeontx: remove unnecessary port start and stop
      net/octeontx: fix stop clearing Rx/Tx functions

Qi Zhang (4):
      eal: fix hotplug add and remove
      vfio: fix PCI address comparison
      vfio: remove uneccessary IPC for group fd clear
      net/ixgbe: fix missing null check on detach

Radu Nicolau (4):
      security: fix crash on destroy null session
      net/bonding: fix invalid port id
      test: fix uninitialized port configuration
      net/bonding: fix race condition

Rafal Kozik (4):
      net/ena: check pointer before memset
      net/ena: change memory type
      net/ena: fix GENMASK_ULL macro
      net/ena: set link speed as none

Rahul Lakkireddy (4):
      net/cxgbe: report configured link auto-negotiation
      net/cxgbe: fix Rx channel map and queue type
      net/cxgbevf: add missing Tx byte counters
      net/cxgbe: fix init failure due to new flash parts

Rami Rosen (2):
      examples/l3fwd: remove useless include
      ethdev: fix a doxygen comment for port allocation

Rasesh Mody (11):
      net/qede: fix VF MTU update
      net/qede: fix for devargs
      net/qede: fix L2-handles used for RSS hash update
      net/qede: fix memory alloc for multiple port reconfig
      net/qede: remove primary MAC removal
      doc: update qede management firmware guide
      net/qede: fix default extended VLAN offload config
      net/qede/base: fix to clear HW indication
      net/qede/base: fix GRC attention callback
      net/bnx2x: fix FW command timeout during stop
      net/bnx2x: fix poll link status

Remy Horton (4):
      bitrate: add sanity check on parameters
      metrics: add check for invalid key
      metrics: do not fail silently when uninitialised
      metrics: disallow null as metric name

Reshma Pattan (3):
      test/flow_classify: fix return types
      mk: remove unnecessary test rules
      latency: free up the memzone

Rosen Xu (1):
      examples/flow_filtering: add flow director config for i40e

Shahaf Shuler (2):
      net/mlx5: separate generic tunnel TSO from the standard one
      net/mlx5: fix build with rdma-core v19

Shahed Shaikh (8):
      net/qede: fix incorrect link status update
      net/qede: fix link change event notification
      net/qede: fix unicast MAC address handling in VF
      net/qede: fix legacy interrupt mode
      net/qede: fix Rx/Tx offload flags
      net/qede: fix interrupt handler unregister
      net/qede: fix MAC address removal failure message
      net/qede: fix ntuple filter configuration

Shaopeng He (1):
      net/i40e: fix Tx queue setup after stop

Shreyansh Jain (1):
      doc: fix bonding command in testpmd

Somnath Kotur (4):
      net/bnxt: revert reset of L2 filter id
      net/bnxt: fix to move a flow to a different queue
      net/bnxt: use correct flags during VLAN configuration
      net/bnxt: fix filter freeing

Stephen Hemminger (2):
      net/mlx5: fix log initialization
      doc: fix typo in vdev_netvsc guide

Thomas Monjalon (2):
      bus/dpaa: fix build
      net/fm10k: remove unused constant

Timothy Redaelli (2):
      net/mlx4: avoid stripping the glue library
      net/mlx5: avoid stripping the glue library

Tiwei Bie (1):
      vhost: release locks on RARP packet failure

Tomasz Duszynski (1):
      net/mvpp2: check pointer before using it

Wei Zhao (7):
      net/ixgbe: add support for VLAN in IP mode FDIR
      net/ixgbe: fix tunnel id format error for FDIR
      net/ixgbe: fix tunnel type set error for FDIR
      net/ixgbe: fix mask bits register set error for FDIR
      app/testpmd: fix VLAN TCI mask set error for FDIR
      net/i40e: fix check of flow director programming status
      net/i40e: revert fix of flow director check

Xiaoxin Peng (1):
      net/bnxt: fix Tx with multiple mbuf

Xiaoyun Li (3):
      net/i40e: fix link speed
      app/testpmd: fix little performance drop
      net/avf: fix offload capabilities

Xueming Li (1):
      net/mlx5: fix crash in device probe

Yaroslav Brustinov (1):
      net/mlx5: fix linkage of glue lib with gcc 4.7.2

Yipeng Wang (3):
      hash: fix multiwriter lock memory allocation
      hash: fix a multi-writer race condition
      hash: fix key slot size accuracy

Yongseok Koh (6):
      net/mlx5: fix error number handling
      net/mlx5: fix Rx buffer replenishment threshold
      net/mlx5: fix assert for Tx completion queue count
      net/mlx5: fix queue rollback when starting device
      net/mlx5: preserve promiscuous flag for flow isolation mode
      net/mlx5: preserve allmulticast flag for flow isolation mode

* Re: [dpdk-dev] 18.05.1 patches review and test
@ 2018-08-27  9:29 ` Christian Ehrhardt
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Christian Ehrhardt @ 2018-08-27  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: stable; +Cc: dev

On Wed, Aug 22, 2018 at 9:26 AM Christian Ehrhardt <
christian.ehrhardt@canonical.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Here is a list of patches targeted for stable release 18.05.1. Please
> help review and test. The planned date for the final release is August,
> 29th. Before that, please shout if anyone has objections with these
> patches being applied.

There was neither positive nor negative feedback on 18.05.1-rc1 so far.
Maybe 17.11.x priorities and general PTO time just beats 18.05 - which is
fine to some extend.
The only private message I got was about one party needing some extra time.
For all of the above I will do two things:
1. the deadline to get back with results on 18.05.1-rc1 is extended to
Tuesday the 4th of September
2. I'd highly appreciate feedback of people involved that intend to test it
so I know what to wait for (or not)

--
Christian Ehrhardt
Software Engineer, Ubuntu Server

* Re: [dpdk-dev] [dpdk-stable] 18.05.1 patches review and test
@ 2018-08-27 10:30   ` Marco Varlese
From: Marco Varlese @ 2018-08-27 10:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christian Ehrhardt, stable; +Cc: dev

Hi Christian,

Apologies for being late on this... I tested 18.05.1-rc1 via the usual test-pmd,
OvS-DPDK and VPP, and did not find any issues with it.

Cheers,
Marco

@ 2018-08-27 10:31   ` Marco Varlese
From: Marco Varlese @ 2018-08-27 10:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christian Ehrhardt, stable; +Cc: dev

@ 2018-09-05 14:41   ` Christian Ehrhardt
From: Christian Ehrhardt @ 2018-09-05 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: stable; +Cc: dev

On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 11:29 AM Christian Ehrhardt <
christian.ehrhardt@canonical.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 22, 2018 at 9:26 AM Christian Ehrhardt <
> christian.ehrhardt@canonical.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Here is a list of patches targeted for stable release 18.05.1. Please
>> help review and test. The planned date for the final release is August,
>> 29th. Before that, please shout if anyone has objections with these
>> patches being applied.
>>

> There was neither positive nor negative feedback on 18.05.1-rc1 so far.
> Maybe 17.11.x priorities and general PTO time just beats 18.05 - which is
> fine to some extend.
> The only private message I got was about one party needing some extra time.
> For all of the above I will do two things:
> 1. the deadline to get back with results on 18.05.1-rc1 is extended to
> Tuesday the 4th of September
> 2. I'd highly appreciate feedback of people involved that intend to test
> it so I know what to wait for (or not)

I had multiple positive off-list feedbacks and the deadline has passed.
The TL;DR was always "no errors" or "only errors that already existed with
18.05(.0)"
So I'm gonna release 18.05.1 as-is today.

Thanks everybody who was running tests on this!