* Deprecation Notices history
@ 2023-07-25  9:47 Morten Brørup
From: Morten Brørup @ 2023-07-25  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Why are Deprecation Notices not part of the Release Notes?

If a DPDK developer wants to upgrade his application from e.g. 20.11 to 22.11, it might be informative to review the historical Deprecation Notices.

Is it because we promise that (when the announced change actually occurs) the deleted Deprecation Notice entry is replaced by a Release Note entry?

Anyway, I think that historical Deprecation Notices should be publicly available on the web site and/or with the Release Notes, and not only available in the GIT log.

Med venlig hilsen / Kind regards,
-Morten Brørup

only message in thread, other threads:[~2023-07-25  9:47 UTC | newest]