* problem report on dpdk virtio-pmd
@ 2024-09-29  2:40 hglmunckid
From: hglmunckid @ 2024-09-29  2:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Dear technical team:

I hope this email finds you well.i am Gary huang from China.i am reaching out to you to seek guidance on some technical matters.
Here are some questions i would like to address:
In the virtio_pci.c file,a del_vq interface is provided for modern device which is call modern_del_queue.This function writes 0 to queue enable field in PCIe bar space. However,according to the virtio spec,this field is not supposed to be written by driver.Does this behavior violate the spec?Also,i haven't seen this function being called by higher level logic.what's the propose of this function?

I would greatly appreciate it if you could spare sometime to respond to my email.
Best regards,
Gary Huang