* [dpdk-dev] TX unable to enqueue packets to NIC
       [not found] <166A645A-F5E1-44EC-A0E8-4C4B17AFF8DD@amazon.com>
@ 2019-01-08  2:13 ` Soni, Shivam
From: Soni, Shivam @ 2019-01-08  2:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev, users

Hi All,

We are facing one weird issue. After the deployment, in few of the hosts we see an issue where TX is unable to enqueue packets to NIC. On rebouncing or restarting our packet processor daemon, issue gets resolved.

We are using IntelDPDK version 17.11.4 and i40e drivers.

I have verified that all the interface initialization methods are not throwing any error during startup. Also tx_errors count in rte_eth_stats is 0.

We use dpdk_eth_tx_burst method to enqueue packets to NIC from TX which is returning 0. Verified this in testing environment where packets to be enqueued count is 1 but dpdk_eth_tx_burst  function is returning 0.
On wrapping this function call inside a while loop which checks for the number of enqueued packets to be equal to the count needs to be enqueued the app loops indefinitely.

Is there anything which is not getting reset during the deployment causing this issue to happen.

If someone has any idea on whats going on here please let me know. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
-Shivam

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-01-08  2:13 UTC | newest]