From: "Wiles, Roger Keith" <keith.wiles@windriver.com>
To: "ROGERS, GERALD" <gerald.rogers@intel.com>
Cc: "dev@dpdk.org" <dev@dpdk.org>
Subject: Re: [dpdk-dev] Why rte_snprintf at all?
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 22:31:26 +0000

Why not just convert it into a macro and ifdef out the code or remove it. This way it can we remove later or just kept for some backward compat reason.

#define rte_snprintf snprintf

Keith Wiles, Principal Technologist with CTO office, Wind River
mobile 972-213-5533

[Powering 30 Years of Innovation]<http://www.windriver.com/announces/wr30/>

On Jun 23, 2014, at 5:25 PM, Rogers, Gerald <gerald.rogers@intel.com<mailto:gerald.rogers@intel.com>> wrote:

Bruce, Stephen,

It may be a duplicate, but people are likely using it.  I would assume
deprecate means don¹t remove, but put in a comment that says please don¹t
use and migrate your code away from it.

Thanks,

Gerald

On 6/23/14, 3:18 PM, "Richardson, Bruce" <bruce.richardson@intel.com<mailto:bruce.richardson@intel.com>>