* Re: [dpdk-dev] DPDK 1705 on libpcap drivers has drops?
@ 2017-10-19  8:03 Kuusisaari, Juhamatti
From: Kuusisaari, Juhamatti @ 2017-10-19  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi,

> We are testing on 1705 over libpcap driver and unfortunately we are seeing
> surprisingly large drops. They are seen with low rate/ping randomly and with
> high rate the throughput is very limited (even 30 % drops seen) compared to
> our reference system on DPDK 1.7.1. The only thing changed in the system is
> the DPDK version and its internals.
>
> I'll look into the problem next, but any hints where to look first? What
> changes between 1.7.1 and 1705 could perhaps cause such behavíour?

This was an application problem revealed by new version and seen as interface flapping. Everything is now fine on 1705, which is great.

 Juhamatti

* Re: [dpdk-dev] DPDK 1705 on libpcap drivers has drops?
@ 2017-10-19 16:22 ` Ferruh Yigit
From: Ferruh Yigit @ 2017-10-19 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kuusisaari, Juhamatti; +Cc: dev

On 10/19/2017 1:03 AM, Kuusisaari, Juhamatti wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> We are testing on 1705 over libpcap driver and unfortunately we are seeing
>> surprisingly large drops. They are seen with low rate/ping randomly and with
>> high rate the throughput is very limited (even 30 % drops seen) compared to
>> our reference system on DPDK 1.7.1. The only thing changed in the system is
>> the DPDK version and its internals.
>>
>> I'll look into the problem next, but any hints where to look first? What
>> changes between 1.7.1 and 1705 could perhaps cause such behavíour?
>
> This was an application problem revealed by new version and seen as interface flapping. Everything is now fine on 1705, which is great.

Hi Juhamatti,

Thanks for update.

@ 2017-10-03  5:33 Kuusisaari, Juhamatti
From: Kuusisaari, Juhamatti @ 2017-10-03  5:33 UTC (permalink / raw)