* [dpdk-dev] DPDK Release Status Meeting 02/08/2018
@ 2018-08-02 12:25 Mcnamara, John
From: Mcnamara, John @ 2018-08-02 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

DPDK Release Status Meeting 02/08/2018
======================================

Minutes from the weekly DPDK Release Status Meeting.

The DPDK Release Status Meeting is intended for DPDK Committers to discuss
the status of the master tree and sub-trees, and for project managers to
track progress or milestone dates.

The meeting occurs on Thursdays at 8:30 UTC. If you wish to attend just
send me and email and I will send you the invite.

Minutes 2 August 2018
--------------------

Agenda:

* RC2
* RC3
* Deprecation Notices
* FreeBSD
* Release Dates

Participants:

* Intel
* Cavium
* Mellanox
* NXP
* ARM

RC2
---

* Look okay overall from Intel testing.
* Some issues to be resolved in virtio/vhost.

RC3
---

RC3 targeted for Sunday 5th August.

Status of the subtrees:

    * Next-Net
      * Pull ongoing.
      * Pulled virtio.
      * Pulling from vendors.

    * Next-Crypto
      * 1 patch pending to be applied today.

    * Next-virtio
      * Pulled.

    * Next-Eventdev
      * No new patches.

    * Next-Ip-pipeline
      * Up to date.

Deprecation Notices
-------------------

Please ensure all deprecation notices are reviewed and acked:
http://patches.dpdk.org/project/dpdk/list/?q=deprecation

FreeBSD
-------

We are looking for a FreeBSD DPDK maintainer to keep the ports up to date and
fix minor incompatibility issues. Ideally someone who also works with the
FreeBSD community.

Release Dates

* RC3 targeted for Sunday Aug 5th.
* No RC4, although doc additions and minor cosmetic fixes will be accepted.
* Target release date is Thursday Aug 9th for release.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2018-08-02 12:25 UTC | newest]