* [dpdk-dev] I211, Double VLAN tags and VLAN Stripping not working
@ 2016-07-11 10:24 Padam Jeet Singh
From: Padam Jeet Singh @ 2016-07-11 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hello,

I am using the development branch of DPDK and am trying out double tagging using the DPDK PMD E1000 driver.

From a code perspective, I have the following:

In rte_eth_conf.rxmode:
hw_vlan_extend = 1,
hw_vlan_strip = 1,

In the port setup code :
	called rte_eth_dev_set_vlan_ether_type(port_id, ETH_VLAN_TYPE_OUTER, 0x88a8);

However, the MBUF received still comes with ether type 0x88a8 with both mbuf->vlan_tci and mbuf->vlan_tci_outer set to zero. Basically the VLAN stripping is not taking place. When I do a code search for vlan_tci_outer, it seems only the Intel i40 and one another actually populate these fields.

I am not sure if this is I211 Ethernet controller limitation or DPDK driver limitation.

Any pointers on how can I get VLAN stripping enabled for E1000 PMD for both inner and outer VLANs? The single VLAN stripping case works fine in same code.

Thanks,
Padam

only message in thread, other threads:[~2016-07-11 10:24 UTC | newest]