From: Rasesh Mody <rasesh.mody@qlogic.com>
To: Remy Horton <remy.horton@intel.com>,
	Thomas Monjalon <thomas.monjalon@6wind.com>
Cc: "dev@dpdk.org" <dev@dpdk.org>, Olivier MATZ <olivier.matz@6wind.com>
Subject: Re: [dpdk-dev] xstats performance
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2016 22:59:59 +0000	[thread overview]

We have submitted the QEDE and BNX2X PMD xstats patches with recent API changes.

During the xstats change verification, it was observed that the order in which xstats names are fetched don't seem to match the order in which xstats values are fetched. When populating the xstats names, we order them as driver specific xstats names and then standard stats names. Whereas, while populating the xstats values, we populate the standard stats values and then the driver specific xstats values.

In rte_eth_xstats_get_names(): xcount (or cnt_used_entries) + cnt_used_entries/count (RTE_NB_STATS + (dev->data->nb_rx_queues * RTE_NB_RXQ_STATS) + (dev->data->nb_tx_queues * RTE_NB_TXQ_STATS))
In rte_eth_xstats_get (): count (RTE_NB_STATS + (dev->data->nb_rx_queues * RTE_NB_RXQ_STATS) + (dev->data->nb_tx_queues * RTE_NB_TXQ_STATS)) + xcount

Could you take a look?

Thanks!
Rasesh