* [dpdk-dev] Minutes of Technical Board Meeting, 2020-10-21
@ 2020-11-03 14:25 Jerin Jacob Kollanukkaran
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Jerin Jacob Kollanukkaran @ 2020-11-03 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
To: dev; +Cc: techboard, Ori Kam, Guy Kaneti, Dovrat Zifroni
Minutes of Technical Board Meeting, 2020-10-21
NOTE: The technical board meetings every second Wednesday in https://meet.jit.si/DPDK at 3 pm UTC.
Meetings are public, and DPDK community members are welcome to attend.
NOTE: Next meeting will be on Wednesday 2020-11-04 @3pm UTC, and will be chaired by Kevin
# Feedback from TB on l3fwd-regexdev example application
- TB agreed to have an example application that exercises the regex device and network device as a separate application.
- The example shall be used for both Benchmark and functional verification of regex in the forwarding path.
- Based on the discussions, it is agreed that l3fwd might not be the real use case to consider as regex + network application
- Instead, TB recommends having the Deep packet inspection style application to showcase the regex + networking use case.
- Following is the simple DPI style application definition, which can be considered as a candidate, as an example of regex + network application
1) Create or import a rule database.
- Rule database will have an index as rule_id and pattern to search
2) Create or import rule_id to the action table
- Action could be -1 for the drop, 0 .. N for a specific port to forward upon the match
3) Enqueue all the packet from ethdev to regexdev
4) If there is a match, then do the action based on the table created in step 2 using struct rte_regexdev_match::rule_id
5) If there is no match, forward back to the source port
# Approval for ABI exception request for 20.11
- Agreed to merge the patch with ABI changes
- Reference: http://git.dpdk.org/dpdk/commit/?id=ced5a6ce244323435d9b0c0cb8ff98adc07fc6bd
# Update on DTS usability
- Waiting for the feedback from community. Revisit after 20.11 release.
# Update Security process issue updates
- Call for volunteers to review and to be part of Security process team.
# DMARC mitigation in the mailing list
- No mitigation plan as of now to support DMARC in the mailing list.
- TB may revisit this topic once the popular opensource communities such as
Linux Kernel etc. migrated or have mitigation to support DMARC.
Prepare the CFP text for a virtual Asia event in January 2021
- Following is the TB views on this proposal
1) Since it is a virtual event, Why it needs to be specific to Asia?
Can a similar time geographical zone area can join the virtual connect?
2) Language will be a real barrier to host an Asia specific event.
3) TB recommends if there are enough participants for the Mandarin
language, then it is better to have virtual connect targeting to the Mandarin-only
audience like past connects.
4) Also, Based on country-specific community feedback, other language-specific
event/days can be planed if needed.
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-11-03 14:25 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2020-11-03 14:25 [dpdk-dev] Minutes of Technical Board Meeting, 2020-10-21 Jerin Jacob Kollanukkaran
DPDK patches and discussions
This inbox may be cloned and mirrored by anyone:
git clone --mirror https://inbox.dpdk.org/dev/0 dev/git/0.git
# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
public-inbox-init -V2 dev dev/ https://inbox.dpdk.org/dev \
Example config snippet for mirrors.
Newsgroup available over NNTP:
AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git