Yes, we are using vdev_netvsc. Native netvsc PMD we are observing issues in enabling multiple queues. Though we have 6 DPDK cores, unable to configure more than 4 queues. On Mon, Jun 26, 2023 at 12:18 AM Stephen Hemminger < stephen@networkplumber.org> wrote: > On Thu, 22 Jun 2023 22:06:10 +0530 > Nageswara Rao wrote: > > > Hi All, > > > > We are observing the following issue with DPDK22.11. We didn’t find any > > upstream patches for this issue on the DPDK github. Is there any known > > issue, please let us know. > > > > > > > > *Issue:* > > > > On Azure platform, we are unable to configure more than 4 queues. When we > > try to configure more than 4 queues its failing with “EAL: Cannot send > more > > than 8 FDs” error. > > > > Here I am pasting the working and failing testpmd logs. > > > > Please note that this issue is not observed in DPDK 21.11. > > > > You should be using the native netvsc PMD, not the > vdev_netvsc,failsafe,tap kludge. > > I don't work on Azure any more but I suspect the issue is that the default > in the kernel for TAP is for the number of queues == number of cores. > > You aren't going to see any real benefit from having more queues than > the number of DPDK cores. > >