Hey Dean, Thanks for the series! One thing that caught my eye which I figured I'd mention here since it applies to all the commits is that generally with patches submitted to the dev mailing list the subject lines of the commits should include the component that the commit is relevant to. In our case with DTS, the component that you'd put at the start of the commit message would be "dts:". So, for example, your second commit in the series would be "dts: initial implementation for VLAN test suite". Another guideline is they should be all lowercase other than acronyms. You can see where I got this information from here: https://doc.dpdk.org/guides/contributing/patches.html#commit-messages-subject-line . On Fri, Jun 14, 2024 at 11:03 AM Dean Marx wrote: > VLAN test suite for ensuring VLAN filtering, stripping, and header > insertion is functional on DPDK Poll Mode Drivers. The suite contains > four test cases: > > 1. Enable VLAN filtering and disable stripping - verifies that packets > with a VLAN tag found in the filter list are received with the tag when > stripping is disabled. > 2. Enable VLAN filtering and stripping - verifies that packets with a > VLAN tag found in the filter list are received without the tag when > stripping is enabled. > 3. Disable VLAN packet receipt - verifies that packets with a VLAN tag > not found in the filter list are dropped. > 4. Enable VLAN header insertion in transmitted packets - verifies that > packets without a VLAN tag are received with a VLAN tag when header > insertion is enabled. > > VLAN functions are offloaded by the DPDK driver and use the Ethernet > Device API (rte_ethdev.) > > Dean Marx (3): > Added VLAN commands to testpmd_shell class > Initial implementation for VLAN test suite > Config schema > > dts/framework/config/conf_yaml_schema.json | 3 +- > dts/framework/remote_session/testpmd_shell.py | 164 +++++++++++++++++ > dts/tests/TestSuite_vlan.py | 172 ++++++++++++++++++ > 3 files changed, 338 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-) > create mode 100644 dts/tests/TestSuite_vlan.py > > -- > 2.44.0 > >