* [dpdk-dev] glibc 2.1
@ 2013-11-21 18:25 Michael Quicquaro
From: Michael Quicquaro @ 2013-11-21 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hello all,

I have built dpdk (and pktgen-dpdk) on a couple RHEL 6.4 servers.  This
distribution comes with glibc 2.12

I have read that glibc 2.7 is needed for coreset() functionality.  My
testing, at the moment, only requires one cpu core.

I assume that upgrading to glibc 2.7 would probably break many of the
executables on this system.

The build seemed to work fine.

Do you think that there are any adverse effects of using a dpdk that was
built with glibc 2.1 in this case?

- Mike

* Re: [dpdk-dev] glibc 2.1
@ 2013-11-22  9:42 ` Richardson, Bruce
From: Richardson, Bruce @ 2013-11-22  9:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Quicquaro, dev

The Intel DPDK should work fine on RHEL 6.4. There should be no need to update your glibc, since this is subversion 12 (> 7), rather than 1.2.
Regards,
/Bruce

* Re: [dpdk-dev] glibc 2.1
@ 2013-11-22 15:57   ` Michael Quicquaro
From: Michael Quicquaro @ 2013-11-22 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richardson, Bruce; +Cc: dev

Right, thanks.  I had a little brain fart.