On Fri, Apr 16, 2021 at 12:03 AM Thomas Monjalon wrote: > > 15/04/2021 19:59, Ajit Khaparde: > > On Thu, Apr 15, 2021 at 8:52 AM Bing Zhao wrote: > > > There are two types of flow actions: > > > 1. the direct (normal) actions that could be created and stored > > > within a flow rule. Such action is tied to its flow rule and > > > cannot be reused. > > > 2. the indirect action, in the past, named shared_action. It is > > > created from a direct actioni, like count or rss, and then used > > > in the flow rules with an object handle. The PMD will take care > > > of the retrieve from indirect action to the direct action > > > when it is referenced. > [...] > > > The RTE_FLOW_ACTION_TYPE_SHARED is kept for now in order not to > > > break the ABI. All the implementations are changed by using > > > RTE_FLOW_ACTION_TYPE_INDIRECT. > > > > When I read this somehow indirect did not feel right. > > But I don't have a strong suggestion either. > > Since it is a context of action or actions maybe we use action_context? > > This is an action which is not directly described in the flow rule, > but in another object referenced by its handle. > It creates a level of indirection in the rule description. > I think the word "indirect" is accurate. Ok. Let's go with that. Acked-by: Ajit Khaparde > > >