From: Venkateswara Rao Dokku <dvrao.584@gmail.com>
To: dev@dpdk.org
Subject: [dpdk-dev] How to send traffic b/w host KNI interface and external server???
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 14:07:50 +0530

Hi,

Two machines are connected back-to-back. On one machine we ran the DPDK &
bound the Ethernet port to the DPDK (back-to-back connected port).

We loaded the igb_uio and  KNI modules and ran the KNI app with the
following command.
                     *kni -c 0xff -n 4 -- -p 0x1 -P --config="(0,4,6)"*

With this we could see the vEth0 interface via ifconfig.
Assigned Ip address to the vEth0 interface & tried to ping the vEth0
interface from the machine 2 in back-to-back connection.
We couldn't ping.

What we have to do apart from the above steps to send traffic b/w Kni
interface & the external connected machine?

Thanks
--
Thanks & Regards,
Venkateswara Rao Dokku.