* [dpdk-dev] KNI offloads
@ 2017-03-17 14:50 Alejandro Lucero
From: Alejandro Lucero @ 2017-03-17 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev, Ferruh Yigit

Is there any reason for this driver not supporting LSO or CSUM offloads?

I know this is a virtual netdev but I think it should support those options
and enabled them depending on the PMD to send or receive packets from.

About giving to the KNI that info, maybe using the kernel firmware
interface could be an option. I could work on this and send a RFC with more
details, but I would like to know first if there is any limitations or any
other thing I should be aware of.

* Re: [dpdk-dev] KNI offloads
@ 2017-03-20  9:57 ` Ferruh Yigit
From: Ferruh Yigit @ 2017-03-20  9:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alejandro Lucero, dev

On 3/17/2017 2:50 PM, Alejandro Lucero wrote:
> Is there any reason for this driver not supporting LSO or CSUM offloads?
>
> I know this is a virtual netdev but I think it should support those
> options and enabled them depending on the PMD to send or receive packets
> from.
>
> About giving to the KNI that info, maybe using the kernel firmware
> interface could be an option. I could work on this and send a RFC with
> more details, but I would like to know first if there is any limitations
> or any other thing I should be aware of.

There is no reason that I am aware of for PMD to support offloads.

Thanks,
ferruh