From: "Zhu, Heqing" <heqing.zhu@intel.com>
To: "dev@dpdk.org" <dev@dpdk.org>
Cc: "Zhu, Heqing" <heqing.zhu@intel.com>
Subject: [dpdk-dev] Hyperscan Boot Camp 2018 on Nov 9th Friday, Santa Clara.
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2018 16:53:32 +0000	[thread overview]

We still have a few seats available for the first Hyperscan boot camp training day at Intel office, Santa Clara on Nov 9th 2018.  If you are interested to join us, please come to this website and complete the registration<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/V2LRN3R>. Below please find the initial agenda. If your request is not accommodated this time, still 5 seats available, we will look at the next event opportunity.

And we do talk about a combined use case with DPDK, so this is somewhat relevant. Registration website: http://www.Hyperscan.io

The current event agenda.

Hyperscan 101 (Features and APIs) by Ravisundar Subhiksha, Xiang Wang, 9:150~11:15
What's Hyperscan, Regular Expression?
Why and when will use Hyperscan?
Hands-on Lab compiling and run Hyperscan on Linux
The APIs and basic working mode
How to migrate from PCRE to Hyperscan

Hyperscan 202 (Tools and utilities, performance benchmark and tunings) by Xiang Wang, 11:15 ~ 12:15
hscheck, hscollider, hsdump
hsbench and the performance optimization tips

Lunch and Social Break

Intel(r) Resource Director Technology by Autee Priya, 13:00~13:45
         Cache Monitor and Allocation, Memory bandwidth and Allocation technology
         Hyperscan/Hsbench experiment with Intel RDT
         Q&A

Hyperscan 303 (Use case with DPI, Snort) by Xiang Wang, 14:00~15:30
Case Study: nDPI and Hyperscan.
Case study: Snort/DPDK/Container

Open Discussion (15:40~16:30)
Industrial pattern matching benchmark
Hyperscan feedback, new features, use case
Future works

Pre-work:
Please bring your development environment to follow up the on class steps. Please download the source code on www.Hyperscan.io<http://www.Hyperscan.io>. Hopefully, we will try to provide the Internet access at the workshop, it is subject to change.

Linux OS (VM Guest is fine)
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS or newer
CentOS 7 or newer

Software tools: