* [dpdk-dev] RHEL 7 support
@ 2021-07-09 18:33 Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2021-07-09 18:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev
  Cc: david.marchand, ktraynor, maxime.coquelin, rasland,
	ajit.khaparde, honnappa.nagarahalli, aconole, bruce.richardson,
	ferruh.yigit, mdr

Hi,

I would like to open a discussion about RHEL 7 support in DPDK.
How long do we want to support it in new DPDK versions?
Can we drop RHEL 7 support starting DPDK 21.11?

If we decide to drop RHEL 7 support, does it mean we can generally use
standard C11 atomics?

What other benefits or impacts can you think about?