On Mon, Jul 4, 2022 at 5:37 AM lihuisong (C) wrote: > [...] > 在 2022/7/1 19:36, Zhang, Peng1X 写道: > [...] > > The reason why not use 'dev->data->rx_queue_state' is whether queue > state is start or stop in primary > > process depend on rx_conf->rx_deferred_start after start testpmd. And > after having started testpmd, > > queue state can be controlled by command for example 'port x rxq x > start'. > > Should we align with the same behavior of queues state for primary and > secondary process after start testpmd? > If primary process stops a queue, but secondary doesn't know. > we have to simplify this queue state problem like you momentioned > if we don't have a good idea. > AFAIU, dev->data->rx_queue_state should be aligned with rx_conf->rx_deferred_start. The reason why testpmd manages the queue state itself in the offending patch is that not all PMDs implement `rte_eth_rx/tx_queue_info_get()` and ethdev won't return `dev->data->rx_queue_state` in this case.