* [dpdk-dev] Q on consolidating linuxapp/bsdapp in eal
@ 2014-11-21 18:13 r k
From: r k @ 2014-11-21 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi,

Thanks to Thomas for providing some inputs on this.

I am looking at consolidating common code in linuxapp/bsdapp in
librte_eal. I have started with header files and had some questions
related to it.

1. For some header files for e.g. eal_internal_cfg.h, there are very
minor differences between linux and bsd. In these cases is it ok to
separate out code in header files using
RTE_EXEC_ENV_BSDAPP/RTE_EXEC_ENV_LINUXAPP after moving to common
directory?

2. Files with same names for e.g. rte_lcore.h/rte_per_lcore.h are
present in multiple directories
            in librte_eal/common/include
            in librte_eal/[linuxapp/bsdapp]/eal/include/exec-env
     Not sure which one is the latest and should be referenced.

Inputs appreciated.

Thanks,
Ravi

* Re: [dpdk-dev] Q on consolidating linuxapp/bsdapp in eal
@ 2014-11-21 18:23 ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2014-11-21 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: r k; +Cc: dev

2014-11-21 10:13, r k:
> Thanks to Thomas for providing some inputs on this.
>
> I am looking at consolidating common code in linuxapp/bsdapp in
> librte_eal. I have started with header files and had some questions
> related to it.

Sorry, I didn't know you already start working on it.
I'm going to send a patchset with such cleanup because it's needed to
integrate some new options (from old pending patches).

Please wait my patchset to see what remains to clean-up.

Thanks
--
Thomas

* Re: [dpdk-dev] Q on consolidating linuxapp/bsdapp in eal
@ 2014-11-21 18:48   ` r k
From: r k @ 2014-11-21 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon; +Cc: dev

Sure will wait for your patchset. If there is anything other than
cleanup that needs to be looked at please let me know. I can start on
that.

Thanks,
Ravi