From: Shankari Vaidyalingam <shankari.v2k6@gmail.com>
To: Stephen Hemminger <stephen@networkplumber.org>,
	"dev@dpdk.org" <dev@dpdk.org>
Subject: Re: [dpdk-dev] Inputs needed - testing l2fwd
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 11:25:30 +0530	[thread overview]

On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 11:55 AM, Shankari Vaidyalingam <
shankari.v2k6@gmail.com> wrote:

> +dpdk-dev
>
>> Thanks for the response.
>>
>> I'm using Intel 82545 EM as the network adapter type and not using
>> virtio-net
>> I also checked whether 82545 NIC is supported by DPDK and found that it
>> is supported.
>>
>> Regards
>> Shankari.V
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 10:38 AM, Stephen Hemminger <
>> stephen@networkplumber.org> wrote:

>>> from an
>>> corresponding
>>> process

>>> use in
>>> in the
>>> dest

>>> VirtualBox has its own version of virtio which is not compatiable
>>> with the current version of DPDK virtio driver.

Hi,

I'm still facing the issue where I'm not able to receive the frames in the
l2fwd app that I'm running on the VM.
I also tried googling and read similar posts in the discussion lists but
not able to get the frames in the l2fwd app.
I've created the VMs using Oracle VirtualBox.
If anyone has tried using VirtualBox please let me know how to resolve this.
I tried running in both the ways but it didnt work:

(1)  Configuration inside a VM:

Traffic gen ------>  eth0 -------> L2fwd app -----> eth1

(2)

Traffic gen ---->  eth0 ----> VM (eth0) -----> L2fwd app -----> VM (eth1)