* [dpdk-dev] RSS: packet reaches to wrong queue
@ 2016-05-11 16:05 Nishant Verma
From: Nishant Verma @ 2016-05-11 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi All,

I am using DPDK 16.04 and pktgen 3.0.00

Issue is, Packet reaches to wrong queue at DPDK, if source IP of a packet
changed at pktgen-dpdk.

On my DPDK machine, i have configured RSS rule just for Destination IP
(172.10.10.2).

[image: rss]
<https://embedded.communities.intel.com/external-link.jspa?url=https://cloud.githubusercontent.com/assets/7613402/15160737/2aa17d4e-16c9-11e6-9161-4178056176ca.png>

>From Pktgen when i changed *destination IP* as *172.10.10.2*, *proto *as
*ICMP*, and after that i tried command *ping4 0*
Packet reaches to correct queue in DPDK application.

But if i changed the source IP at packet gen (any IP other then
192.168.0.1), I am not getting packet at correct core on DPDK machine.

Here is my pktgen IP looks like.
[image: pktgen]
<https://embedded.communities.intel.com/external-link.jspa?url=https://cloud.githubusercontent.com/assets/7613402/15160993/4f8920b6-16ca-11e6-9811-dbe8ac3f34f7.png>

If i revert my my source IP change, it again reached to correct core.

My port configuration is
[image: rss_conf]
<https://embedded.communities.intel.com/external-link.jspa?url=https://cloud.githubusercontent.com/assets/7613402/15160996/557bdb80-16ca-11e6-9df4-52a7e504d4f7.png>

Is their anything, i am doing wrong?

Thanks in Advance.

​

--
Rgds,
Nishant

only message in thread, other threads:[~2016-05-11 16:05 UTC | newest]