From: Xin Li <neasoon@gmail.com>
To: dev <dev@dpdk.org>
Subject: [dpdk-dev] l2fwd does not send packets
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 16:18:43 -0500

Hi,

The l2fwd sample application in my environment does not send packets
through the TX port. I run DPDK inside a KVM guest. The NIC ports are VFs
assigned to the VM by pci passthrough.

Environment:

Host OS: ubuntu 14.04 x86_64
NIC: intel x540-t1
Guest OS: ubuntu 14.04 x86_64
DPDK: v1.7.0

Some findings:

1. l2fwd reports 511 packets sent when max tx descriptor is 512, The number
changes to 1023 if the max tx descriptor is set to 1024.

2. On the receiver side, no packet captured.

Anyone know the issue and the corresponding fix? Thanks.

Best,
Xin