From: Alex Markuze <alex@weka.io>
To: Matthew Hall <mhall@mhcomputing.net>
Cc: "dev@dpdk.org" <dev@dpdk.org>
Subject: Re: [dpdk-dev] Debugging EAL PCI / Driver Init
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2014 14:41:51 +0300	[thread overview]

Resolved just as Matt has described.
To remove any ambiguity (for future reference).

This line in the gcc command resolves the issue in my case (a
different nic may need a different lib):
--whole-archive -Wl,--start-group -lrte_pmd_ixgbe -Wl,--end-group -Wl,

The problem is that the probe command polls over all pci devices and
tries to find a matching driver, these drivers register
With these macros which will only be called when the --whole-archive
option is provided and its actually the reason for this flags
existence. Without this flag the driver list is empty.

PMD_REGISTER_DRIVER(rte_ixgbe_driver);
PMD_REGISTER_DRIVER(rte_ixgbevf_driver);