From: Alex Markuze <alex@weka.io>
To: "dev@dpdk.org" <dev@dpdk.org>
Subject: [dpdk-dev] KNI hw Address.
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 18:57:20 +0300

Hi, I'm playing with KNI on a VM (kvm), the Interface that is created has
no MAC address until the IP is set via ifconfig  - then a random mac is
created.
The VF has a mac address that is easily retrieved with rte_eth_macaddr_get.

What I did not find is a way to create the KNI with that specific mac
address enabled.
What are the ways to set the KNI mac address?

Thanks
Alex