Letting DPDK deduce de cpus and memchannels is just a move of feautures in your application. In some cases you might want to limit the number of cores. It's just simple a way to allow more control when initializing DPDK. Kind Regards Balazs Nemeth Hasselt University, Belgium 2nd Master in Computer Science On Aug 1, 2013 9:23 PM, "Stephen Hemminger" wrote: > On Thu, 01 Aug 2013 20:17:43 +0200 > Marc Sune wrote: > > > Thanks Stephen for the hack. > > > > Unfortunately, our main already has parameters, and are all > > platform(architecture) agnostic, so this would break the assumption that > > arguments should be platform agnostic. > > > > But anyway thanks ;) > > marc > > > > Also, our application is started by an init script and there is some shell > magic to attempt to deduce number of cpus (not hard) and number of memory > channels (kind of messy). I do think the DPDK should work without any > arguments > and do this itself. The CPU part is easy by looking at /sys, but the memory > channel information has to come from DMI which is a real ugly mess. > > >