* [dpdk-dev] Can dpdk running on a virtual machine?
@ 2013-09-02  6:50 dvr
From: dvr @ 2013-09-02  6:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

hi,
    all,
    Doesn't anyone knows whether dpdk can run on a virtual machine? I tried to install dpdk on a virtual machine, and I can implement “HelloWorld” successfully. However, if I want to execute "Test-pmd", what should I do? How to config virtual ports and cores?
    Any help will be appreciate.
    Best Regards.
Maria

* Re: [dpdk-dev] Can dpdk running on a virtual machine?
@ 2013-09-02 10:03 ` Tetsuya Mukawa
From: Tetsuya Mukawa @ 2013-09-02 10:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dvr, dev

Hi  Maria

You can run a dpdk application on a virtual machine.
Please use e1000 or virtio as virtual network interfaces.

Here is an one of example to run test-pmd with virtio.
http://dpdk.org/doc/virtio-net-pmd

Regards,
Tetsuya Mukawa