* [dpdk-dev] Crafting a packet for transmission.
@ 2014-03-13 11:15 sabu kurian
From: sabu kurian @ 2014-03-13 11:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hai friends,

My requirement is to create a packet generator. So I could use

struct rte_mbuf * m;

to create a single packet holder. So how am I suppose to fill in the packet
details like the MAC source , destination and also the IP source ,
destination (in case of IPv4 packets).

Following the l2fwd example, which has got the TAP interface to write the
data to and read the data from.

using the ether_hdr , one could read the MAC address from the packet

eth = rte_pktmbuf_mtod(m, struct ether_hdr *);
tmp = &eth->s_addr.addr_bytes[0];

But how am I suppose to craft a packet and supply in all these details , so
that I could sent the packet via rte_eth_tx_burst

Thanks in advance