* [dpdk-dev] TX IP checksum offloading
@ 2013-11-07 12:52 Daniel Kaminsky
From: Daniel Kaminsky @ 2013-11-07 12:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi,

Did anyone had an experience using the PKT_TX_IP_CKSUM flag?
I have an application that generates IP traffic but whenever I try to set
this flag on (*m->ol_flags = PKT_TX_IP_CKSUM)* the rte_mbuf nothing is sent
out.
Retrieving that statistics from the ethernet device show zero for opackets
and oerrors.

I'm using ixgbe driver and DPDK 1.5.0-8 (from Intel) distribution.

Thanks,
Daniel

* Re: [dpdk-dev] TX IP checksum offloading
@ 2013-11-07 17:06 ` Benson, Bryan
From: Benson, Bryan @ 2013-11-07 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Kaminsky, dev

Hi Daniel,
I posted some findings yesterday that seem relevant.  Try using the ol flags when you use an RX free threshold below 32.

I am looking into what can be done to fix it for values of 32 and above.
http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2013-November/000724.html

Thanks,
Bryan Benson

@ 2013-11-07 21:05 ` Vladimir Medvedkin
From: Vladimir Medvedkin @ 2013-11-07 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi,

Did you set
                m->pkt.vlan_macip.f.l2_len = sizeof(struct ether_hdr);
                m->pkt.vlan_macip.f.l3_len = sizeof(struct ipv4_hdr);
 fields?

Regards,
Vladimir

@ 2013-11-10 15:59   ` Daniel Kaminsky